But not all good things are good things for ME.
Currently, I have a couple of amazing opportunities being presented to me.
But are they right for me?
Are they at the right time?
Are they right for my family?
I have gotten wise counsel - a lot of it - but ultimately I have to make sure that the decision I make is the one that is in alignment with the things I KNOW to be true. And they are:
1. I am first and foremost a child of God. I am to be true to that commitment and who he has called me to be - which is:
2. I am wife to my husband. Whatever I decide has to be in alignment with that commitment and whatever impact any decision I make will have on that must be accounted for. We are partners in this process, but I have to make sure that I am able to be who I need to be for him.
3. I am to teach and train my children. This includes homeschooling and character training and all that goes into being a 24/7 parent. What kind of impact with these decisions have on that calling and commitment?
4. I am the manager and caretaker of our home. That is a big deal for me. One I struggle with because much of it does not come naturally to me. How will these decisions affect that aspect of my life?
There is a lot going on in our household right now - stresses and struggles. It is okay - we are okay - but decisions are hard to make.

Sometimes God has a specific path for me. Such as #1 choice is right, #2 is wrong. But more often than not, I believe that the decision of what to do is not the thing God is concerned about but about the state of my heart. Am I staying true to his 'big picture' calling for me? Will my decision be compatible with what he is working on in my heart and the character he is developing in me? But that is REALLY annoying! I want a YES/NO answer so I can be sure!! Argh.
I told God that he needed to put a billboard on the side of the freeway saying "yes do it" or "no dont" - he has not obliged.
No comments:
Post a Comment