Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Packing…

SONY DSC

We are getting ready to leave on a big vacation and the kids have been bugging me to start packing for MONTHS. I told them last week they could start packing today – so they all got their duffel bags with the understanding that I had the final say on what was in their bags.

(Except for Erica, whose bag I may not even look into because she has an itemized list of everything she is taking and will probably report to me any aberration from that list…)

Nate’s in bed: Mom, I finished packing all ready!

Mom: Wow Nate, that is great! How many pairs of underwear did you take?

N: One.

M: Are you planning on wearing that one all week?

N: You said you were gonna do laundry, right?

M: Ok, that’s true. How many pants did you take?SONY DSC

N: Oh, I forgot pants.

M: How about shirts?

N: Oh, I forgot shirts too.

M: What did you pack Nate?

N: I have my pillow, my blanket, jammies, and my swimsuit. Oh, and the one pair of underwear.

N: I guess I will have to finish packing tomorrow.

M: Okay Nate.

1 comment:

SB said...

so cute. i love that they can start doing the work but it doesn't lessen our load!

love that last photo of nate in red. he looks so grown up!

hope you're having a nice time away...