Monday, April 22, 2013

I miss blogging

I really do! But I am having a hard time taking the camera out and just snapping pictures. It seems I only BARELY think of it for events, and even then, I seem to take pictures as an afterthought. I have been feeling like I just want to enjoy the moment and not be distracted by taking pictures… I don’t know. I guess I am just in a weird place right now – too busy, distracted, and trying to find a balance in this crazy space I live in!

We broke away almost a month ago now for a weekend get away. A friend loaned us their lake cabin and we really did have a great time. The kids had NO idea (well, Erica did but there is almost no way to keep a secret from her and she was a good sport) and it was so fun to surprise them.

We got there really late and worked hard to get a fire started to warm the place up, filled the fridge, made some cookies and settled in to begin a long-promised movie. We had finished “A Little Princess” read-aloud earlier this week and I had promised that we would watch the movie version this weekend. I had found the actual adaptation of the book, instead of modified versions, and it did not disappoint!

So, like I said, I didn’t take a lot of pictures, but I did manage to use up my photographic allotment by taking family and individual pictures one afternoon. It was FUN – I do love taking pictures!

DSC02119

Sweet Charlie

DSC02122DSC02134

Leroy broke out the boat that was there and took the kids for a toodle around the lake. I stayed home and reveled in the SILENCE. I baked cookies and read my book and just breathed. Ahh.

DSC02147DSC02165DSC02194DSC02210

Who is this lady sitting next to me? Oh my goodness… She is such a marvelous young lady!

DSC02217

And the obligatory family photos -

DSC02229 niceSONY DSCSONY DSC                       DSC02273 bestDSC02291 bestSONY DSC

It had been a while since I took individual shots so this was fun and the kids were good sports.

But this one is my favorite of them all… (even though, at the time, I was a bit miffed at Nate…)

SONY DSC

We need to do this more often. It was a sweet, sweet time.

No comments: