It has been A YEAR since I have posted a recipe!!! Well – this is a good one I got off Pinterest. I used this same recipe to make cinnamon rolls too – but make sure you don’t let them over-rise…
And the original title is “30 minute rolls” but I am not sure how you can do it in 30 minutes unless there is NOTHING else happening in your home and you have everything premeasured before the 30 minutes begin. Definitely less than an hour for just plain rolls.
AND – I have modified the recipe for my own tastes and how it worked for me…
Quick Dinner Rolls
1 C plus 2 Tbsp warm water
1/3 c. oil
2 Tbsp yeast
1/4 c. sugar
1.5 tsp garlic powder (leave out if making cinnamon rolls)
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 egg at room temperature, and slightly beaten with a fork
3 1/2 C bread flour (seems to work better but all purpose flour will also work)
3 TB butter, melted
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
In your mixer bowl combine the water, oil, yeast and sugar and allow it to rest for 15 minutes. Using your dough hook, mix in the salt, egg and flour. Knead with hook until will incorporated and dough is soft and smooth – about 3 minutes.
Form dough into 16-20 balls and then place in a greased 9 x 13 pan. Brush tops with melted butter, allowing extra butter to spread to bottom of pan. You could also sprinkle with parmesean or cheddar cheese, and allow to rest for 10 minutes until just getting poofy. Bake for 15-18 minutes at 400 degrees or until very golden brown.
YUM!
No comments:
Post a Comment