Sunday, July 27, 2008

Busy week!

We had to say goodbye to Sarah, Andrew, Daniel & Laura last week. After 2 years of living only hours away - they moved back to Australia permanently, Tasmania actually. This picture is missing Leroy and the two babies... but it is a good picture nevertheless! Oh how I miss them already. Many tears shed in their departure.

Went to visit Great Grandma & Grandpa Lowen. Mom should have been in this shot to make it 4 generations. They will be moving from their homestead within the next year - time to simplify. That will be a hard thing for them - for us too. So many memories in this house!

After the grandparents visit, we went to a park in Salem - this is my ultra flexible daughter figuring out how to get down from the top of the monkey bars. OW!!!!

The park in Salem has a beautiful carousel - the kids had fun on it!

I observed this happening off in the field - never seen it before between them. I guess Ryan needed to remind Nate who was the bigger brother! Someday Nate will probably be larger than Ryan so he can take advantage of his status now! Boys.... (but how many times have I reminded my sisters that I am the oldest?)

Amanda in the cutest dress EVER! Thanks Sarah!

**********************************************************

Mom and Dad did a pig roast for the Simmons side of the family. Unfortunately many of us were sick with the flu - including me so I missed much of the BBQ and didn't get many pictures. But here are a few.

Amanda with Great Grandpa Simmons... I am glad Leroy snapped a picture of this.

Dad persevered but he was sick too - Uck.

My little man - he was sick too but it was barely noticeable.

No comments: