HOw sad is it that Leroy and I have been married for 19 years and never been to Mt St Helens??? Seriously. So we planned a trip with my parents who also have wanted to go. It was fabulous. Will camp there again, and I would love to see the mountain in the spring – there is a purple flower that blooms prolifically there that would be awesome to see.
We stayed at Seabrook State Campground – just perfect. In the trees, lots of privacy, fire pits… just what was needed to finish out the summer camping extravaganza we had.
Leroy considers dishwashing to be his duty while we’re camping – he and the boys do 75% of the dishes. I don’t complain.
There are 4 visitors centers on the way to the mountain – we enjoyed our time there. Since it was Friday, there weren’t many people there.
The main VIsitors Center is Johnston Ridge – named after a geologist killed in the blast.
Our kids were the only ones there for the Kid’s ranger talk – he did a great job. We enjoy that aspect of visiting National Parks – their Jr Rangers programs are usually pretty good.
Seabrook has miles of trails – we spent a few hours there on the last day just walking and enjoying the quiet.
1 comment:
oh i loved all those photos! they make me sad but so so happy at the same time. I'll pass on that detail about doing the dishes to Andrew for sure! looks like such a great time.
Post a Comment