Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Halloween 2014

I really don’t enjoy Halloween – I never have really. And with kids, it is always such a stress monster trying to come up with costumes and prep… and I detest spending all kinds of $$ on cheapo costumes.

But the kids are getting older and are able to come up with their own costumes… so it is less work for me.

Hallelujah.

She wanted me to curl her hair, but that would have taken FOR.EVER. and it probably would have been flat within 10 minutes of going outside. So I convinced her to wear this wig… it was a hit.

IMG_1608

And makeup too – slightly scary.

IMG_1609

This one said “I just want to wear something I will be comfortable in.” Well, he nailed that one.

IMG_1612

And this one – well he did get the most of my attention. $11 on white towels, a white beanie, and a package of brown pipe cleaners, plus some orange construction paper, black felt, balled up tissue paper, and mom’s white slippers– and we have Olaf.

IMG_1611

He walked around saying, “I am Olaf and I like warm hugs.” It was pretty spectacular.

Erica was Esther – but she left before the rest of the kids were ready, and I never took her picture. Bad Mommy. But here she is in her costume a couple of years ago… Do I get any points for knowing where that picture was??? Smile

DSC01388

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVED it when you girls could come up with your own costumes!! They are all adorable, even Ryan.
Gramma

Jill said...

That's so awesome! And, YES, you DO get points for knowing where that picture was!!! I didn't even get one of Isaac! :/