Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Tempt-Your-Tummy-Tuesday: Baking, baking and more baking

Erica loves to be in the kitchen. She enjoys making stuff that her dad raves over – and anyone else for that matter. So last weekend the girls had a baking day while the boys went to a friends house to watch the Seahawks game. It was a bit too much to take on in one day – I was WIPED out – but it was so very fun.

DSC09628

We made Toaster Pastries – so rich and yummy.

SONY DSC

Hawaiian rolls (they are sweetened with pineapple juice – YUM!)

DSC09634

Apple Pie Bars

DSC09644

And the absolute favorite for all of us – yes – even over the sweet desserts – Italian Rolls.

DSC09624

OH. MY. GOODNESS. These were STUPID easy, and incredibly awesome to eat. We made Broiled Turkey and Monterey Jack Sandwiches – We were all just speechless at how divine they were. They only take about 45 minutes total of work – the rest is just waiting. I made a double batch the following weekend, and they were just as good.

There has been more baking the days since – I am feeling very domestic as of late… but those recipes will have to wait for another day…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my. Is this homeschooling?? What's for dinner? I've got to try everything.
Mom

SB said...

I"m so glad to see you blogging. Even if it puts my baking to shame!! :) Haha. It does inspire me too get into it next week when the kids are back at school. Normally I bake with them over the holidays, but haven't done that this time. I'll try those Italian rolls and experiment with some other breads which I had been enjoying. Yum, thanks! Nice Apron Erica! :)

Jill said...

Yum, Yum and more YUM!!! I bet that would be exhausting!!! But it all looks YUMMY!!!