Ahh - for more time to peruse the Half-Price Books Shop in Tacoma. But alas we do not go up there very often. But last night we had to go up for an errand so we made a stop and I had a BLAST! I have kept up a booklist during my Homeschool research, and was able to find a number of them. I also found the red one near the bottom "Human Body Encyclopedia" - a really beautiful book.
But this book made the whole trip worth it. A $40 book for $8 in perfect shape. Marvelous.
I want to use this method in teaching the kids - while it looks and sounds daunting - it is very well written and not a difficult read. I was up WAY too late starting it last night - I am already 3 chapters into it. It is a great book.
I am already preparing for next year - I will do things VERY differently. And the next year I will probably do it differently again... but I am learning and so are they. Many of these books will form parts of our curriculum next year - for around $100! I wish I had nothing better to do than dig into these - but off to do math and language arts before heading out to YMCA Homeschool PE!
No comments:
Post a Comment