Thursday, April 23, 2009

Our Erica

We have been blessed with this kind, thoughtful girl in our home.
Her heart continually astounds me what it comes up with. It is an honor to be her mother.
Today, she had some things to give back to her close friend Kayla
and I gave her a bag to put it in. This is what I found..

And I found this note on my bathroom counter that she left last night for me...

(Mommy Dont forget to cover me up to night before you go to bed. Love: Erica)

and for Daddy.
(Daddy wake me up at 6:30 Please. Love: Erica)

She wants to get up so she can get her chores done early. Amazing.

And I found this list last week - I don't think I was supposed to see it - but it made my day, so I dont regret seeing it.

My favorite is #6 - she says breakfast exactly like she spelled it "breftest." Leroy just loves that - maybe we are scarring her for life by allowing her to say it wrong, but it is so cute the we can't stand to correct it. Its not like we all say it that way - she is the only one.

It is a good day here. I hope it is where you are too. :)

1 comment:

LilPrecious said...

James has a very helpful spirit as well - even though he is only three. He is always asking me if he can help with cooking, cleaning and laundry. Maybe it is an eldest child thing. James is excitedly waiting for the arrival of a little brother or sister in July so he can be a big helper! It is amazing to watch helpfulness develop isn't it? She sounds like an amazing girl - wish I could meet her in person someday. She sounds like a little sweetheart!