Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Field Trip!

We ventured out of the house! Yesterday we went to NW Trek for a day - oh it was a PERFECT day to go! The park is mostly under trees so although it was 80, it never got above 70 or so at the park. I had Amanda stay with Grandma (thanks Grandma!!!) so I could really spend time with the older kids - I am sure Amanda had more fun with Grandma than she would have with us. And it was nice not to be pushing a stroller!

Erica was fascinated that this tree was 700 years old!

The Tram ride is the funnest part - Moose, Elk, Big Horn Sheep, Caribou close enough to touch, Bison, and the trainers had animals out of their habitats to see up close.

Field Trips with Friends are ALWAYS more fun!

Where else in the world but in Washington would you find a place where you can make your face the face of a Slug? They had had a Slug-Fest the weekend before - and there were still remnants of the activities around for us to see. Did you know that Slugs have green blood?

1 comment:

SB said...

so fun. the kids still remember that trip we took from a year ago! kids never really tire of seeing animals up close, and for that matter, neither do I...