Thursday, June 11, 2009

Lunch.

So I have been thinking about some posts my bloggy friend Joy has been doing about making lunches.

I hate lunch.

There, I said it. It is the bain of my existence - really - I DESPISE lunch. It breaks up my day, creates ANOTHER mess I have to clean up, and I have to hear MORE whining about what I made and could I do it with this or without this...

But really, I need to at least think about being better about lunch and having at least a congenial relationship with a DAILY event that is supposed to be fun and build relationship...

So today, after I procrastinated till 12:30 about what I was gonna make.. I had an idea and went for it. And I felt like telling my peeps about it. (where did that come from???)

Now don't expect the cooking posts up to par with this lady or this lady... but I thought I would just have fun with the idea of it all... So here goes...

Started with these ingredients. Made one batch of dough with a handful of cheese, garlic powder and italian seasonings thrown in - Split the dough in in half, rolled out to a circle, cut it into quarters, chopped up left-over ham, added some more cheese and got this:
I rolled out the other half of dough, quartered that, wet the edges of the bottom layer, topped it with the other quarter, forked them together, baked for 8 min at 425 (I have a convection oven so a regular oven would be 10-12 min at 450).
.
I went out to move the sprinkler that is desperately attempting to revive our yellow grass... got sprinkled on, and came back to find this...
YUM YUM YUM!!! The house smelled delicious and these looked amazing! Hey - this might work after all!

Now - this next bit is staged - but the words he said had come out spontaneously just prior to me grabbing the camera and saying "Say it again Ryan!!!"


Success! Some minor modifications... I would roll out the dough thinner, add more toppings (I could use chicken, sausage, taco meat, pizza toppings...)
.
Oh and our new rule is no asking what's for lunch. I will make it, they will eat it. If they complain, it goes in the trash and no more food. (wonder if that will really work - or if I will do it...)
.
So that's it. My first cooking post. Hope you had as much fun as I did.
.
And just cause she is cute...

Such is my life.... Now off to clean up the mess I made!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Rockin' Jenn! Looks and sounds YUMMY!!! Now what to make for dinner tonight? ;)

Pam and Steve said...

Way to go!! It was hard for me to come up with ideas too. It is soooo daily. What should we have today for lunch? --mom