It has been a LONG time since I have posted a recipe.. but I thought I would post our dinner tonight.
Before I started using the other pizza recipe I posted, I have used this quick dough FOREVER. It is the one my Mom used and it is our family’s favorite. It is from the tried and true Betty Crocker Cookbook – old fashioned recipes and it just looks great on my counter!
Quick Pizza Dough (I double this for our family to have 2 cookies sheet size pizzas – triple it if we are making calzones)2 cups flour
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning (optional)
1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
2/3 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl with a whisk.
2. Pour remaining ingredients into flour mixture.
3. Mix slowly with a dough hook until flour is incorporated. You may need to add a bit of warm water, 1-2 Tb) if the dough is too dry.
4. Once flour is incorporated, mix on high for 2 minutes until dough is smooth and holds together.
5. Preheat oven to 400.
6. Roll out into desired shape, can be thick or thin.
7. Add toppings as desired – bake 15-20 minutes until dough is done.
And now for the Sauce. We have been buying the jarred or canned stuff for a long time. It can be bought for $1 jar – which is pretty cheap. But it was never our favorite. So I came upon a simple make-it-yourself recipe that I tweaked and we LOVE it. It makes enough for two meals for us, so I put the leftovers in a freezer bag and save it for the next pizza night.
Pizza Sauce
1-28oz can of tomato PUREE (not sauce – it is too thin)3 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
3/4 tsp oregano
3/4 tsp basil
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp pepper
Mix well with whisk and use as desired!
*** I added a small can of tomato paste, which made for a nice thick sauce, but made it pretty tangy. I have heard that a little sugar would combat that - I might try that next time. ***
No comments:
Post a Comment