I could have sworn I posted this recipe, but I can't find it, so I am just gonna post it again!
We LOVE homemade pizza!! It is such an undertaking to make – we usually allow everyone to make their own so it is a meal that takes well over an hour to prepare. "Do you want a 'flat pizza' or a 'pocket pizza' is the cry that goes out and all the little feet come running!
I have a non-rise dough I have used for years that I do love, but I was looking for something different a while back and found this one. It is definitely a keeper!
We use traditional toppings – but my favorite is pesto with sausage, green onions, and mushrooms (plenty!!) and mozzarella cheese, with fresh tomatoes after it is cooked! YUM!
I have to triple this recipe for our family which leaves us with a little under a half recipe left over. I took the extra dough, baked it just till it was done but not browned, and stuck them in the freezer. I pulled them out a week later and put assorted toppings on them and it was as if fresh! I also made up an extra pizza, baked it and then stuck it in the fridge for later that week. The dough had softened, but it was still YUM!
Pizza Dough (original recipe here)
1 pkg or 1 Tb active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
2 cups bread flour (reg flour works fine)
1 TB Italian seasonings
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp garlic powder (or more to taste)
2 TB olive oil
1 tsp salt
2 tsp white sugar
2. In a large mixer bowl with dough hook attachment, combine flour, salt, seasonings, and white sugar. Add yeast & oil. Mix on low speed until flour is incorporated, then on high for 3 minutes until dough is beginning to stiffen. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350. Turn dough onto floured surface. Roll out to desired thickness in one round, or in smaller individual rounds. Add favorite toppings, bake 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
No comments:
Post a Comment