Friday, April 20, 2012

Forever and a day…

So what that I have only blogged 14 times this year! Today is a new day. Maybe I will be able to blog more, maybe not… oh well. I miss it, but this is what my life is right now!
I recently accepted a management position for the Homeschool Organization we have been a part of for the last 3 years. I have been heavily involved in many pieces of this job already so it was a natural next step for me. They sent me off to Virginia to get trained – it was a wonderful week. I spent 4 solid days in training from 8am to 8pm with 17 amazing women from all over the United States. I also got to meet the top level leaders from CC as well which was probably the most important part of the week for me. I wanted to hear from their mouths what they believed about what we are doing. It was good to see for myself.
DSC05183
They took us out for a nice dinner the last night and we had a great time chatting and getting to know each other after a long week of work. Amy from Ohio and Kristin from S. Carolina – so great to spend the week with great ladies!
DSC05186
The best part was getting to spend a week with another Support Manager from my state – Jodi and I shared a room and really had a wonderful time together. It is an honor to be serving families in Washington with such an upstanding, quality group of women.
DSC05202
So I am deep into this job – doing school the first half of the day and working in the afternoons and late into the evenings. Homeschool moms are notorious night owls – I had a conference call last night that started at 10pm!! Balance is the key here – that is in the forefront of my mind. I manage the 5 growing communities in surrounding counties and I am in charge of the local Parent Practicum that we will be putting on in June. God is good to provide what I need and to remind me when I screw up my priorities!

No comments: