So I have started making popcorn the old fashioned way – oil in a big stock pot with actual popcorn kernels. The kids (and I) love it. I don’t know if I will ever be happy with microwave popcorn again! The other night, I got this idea and man, I don’t know if I can ever go back. Check this out!
Killer Popcorn
1 cup popcorn kernels
Vegetable or Peanut Oil
3 TB Melted butter (to taste)
Salt
Chocolate Almond Bark
Add enough oil to the bottom of your big pot just to cover it, and add the popcorn. Turn on high until the kernels are really popping, then turn down until they slow to 1 or 2 seconds between pops. Watch carefully – each stove is different. You will have to figure out the timing for your particular stove.
Once it is popped, pour out popcorn into large bowl. Drizzle butter and salt over while shaking to distribute evenly. Ok – I will say it is really good just like this. But for complete loss of control… continue…
Spread out into a thin layer onto a couple sheets of wax paper. Melt 4-6 squares of chocolate almond bark (depends on how chocolaty you want it – I used 4) and drizzle it over the popcorn with a spoon. Let cool until chocolate has firmed up.
Just try not to eat the entire bowl. IF SOMEHOW you have leftovers, store in a covered container and it will last you all week (yeah, right). Dang, it is REALLY good. I am craving it now…
2 comments:
Oh. My. YUMMO!
How big of a stock pot do you use? Can't wait to try this one!
I have wanted to make this for months now...had some at Christmas.
Thanks for the recipe...maybe some this weekend???
Mom/Gramma
Post a Comment