I have been on the lookout for a good granola bar recipe – simple, no-bake, few ingredients, and kid-friendly. I had not made any yet though – no recipe had fit the bill. But I found one! I have made 3 batches now – and they are a BIG hit. They whip up in 20 minutes and I wrap them in wax paper and store them in the fridge. YUM!
(the ‘P’ ones have peanut butter chips, the others have plain chocolate chips)
No-Bake Granola Bars (Quaker Knock-off) (original recipe)
2 c. quick-cooking oats
1 c. rice krispies cereal
2 Tbl. coconut oil (or canola oil)
1/4 c. + 2 Tbl. honey
1/4 c. light brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 – 1/2 c. chips of any kind.
Combine oats and cereal in a medium bowl; set aside. In a small saucepan, heat coconut oil, honey and brown sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in the vanilla extract and pour over the oat mixture. Stir until everything is evenly coated. Stir in chips, reserving some for the top if so desired. Press mixture into a 8''x8'' baking pan (or similar size). Press the reserved chips into top of bars. Press down firmly with wax paper or another pan, making sure to press corners firmly. Cut into desired size. Wrap in wax paper or plastic bags, store in refrigerator.
No comments:
Post a Comment