.
And can I say I love homeschooling! We sat and watched this amazing event, discussing what was said, what was happening, who each person was as they entered. As Rick Warren said his prayer - he quoted Deuteronomy 6:4 - a verse we just memorized. He read the Lords Prayer (Matthew 5:9-13), a prayer prayed most every night at our house before bed (thanks the the Lutheran school they attended last year). What an opportunity to share in my children's education.
.
When Obama finished taking his oath - I proclaimed, we have a new president! And my 5 year old son said "ok - now he has to pay for our schools and roads, right, mom?" That was great.
.
Admittedly, their attention waned during the presidents address -
yet the importance of this day does not change. I will say that I did not vote for this president - and I do not have a sense of excitement as some within my circle have expressed. But there is something for us in all that God sets before us - and that is where I put my hope. Not in a fallible man and government, as every other leader has ever been and ever will be, but in a God who promises that all will stand before him someday and will ALONE account for their lives. I am not a judge of anyone but of God's calling on MY own life.
.
So with that soapbox, I continue to watch the festivities and wonder if I will get anything else done today besides watching the events and listening to the commentary about this historic day.
No comments:
Post a Comment