So for Christmas I was inspired to toil over edging 4 lengths of fleece then walk 10 miles barefoot in the snow to a friend with an embroidery machine to put our Lowen Gift Exchange names on them. They turned out simple and soft and were a bigger hit with the kids than I expected them to be.
.
SO - all that to say that with that simple and short act of sewing, I have rekindled the sewing bug that has been dormant for, say, 5 years maybe?? How sad is that? I have a wonderful Viking machine and 4 rubbermaids of largely outdated fabric and unfinished projects galore and it has just sat there. I have since dug them out and activated the crafty gene in my dearest daughter with her first sewing adventure -
So now it is 1:15am and I have been cruising homey blogs (oh, the multitudes of them) filled with sewing and crafting and cooking ideas and feeding my rekindled addiction. And the photography... I am totally hooked. Now for the trip to Joann's (watch out). But first, bed. Will I be able to sleep with visions of aprons and skirts and recipes swirling around in my head??? (have I said how much I LOVE blogging?)
No comments:
Post a Comment