Friday, September 18, 2009

Catching Up

The oldest three kids just left with Grandma for piano lessons (THANKS Grandma!) and Mandy is asleep - AHHHHH - the house is SO very quiet. The breakfast dishes are done, the laundry is running, the floors are (for the most part) cleaned up - so I am kicking my feet up on the chaise and catching up on my poor neglected blog!

School has been going well - it feels so organized and ready to go. Last year I struggled to do school cause I never knew what to do next - I had to spend too much time figuring out what was we were supposed to do! This year we have a checklist for math and LA and a lesson plan for every day, that just makes it so much easier to jump in and just do it! So there hasn't been much time for blogging!


I promised pictures of camping...



I did this ALL BY MYSELF. It took me 3 hours to do it - which I thought was pretty good - an hour of that was just getting the trailer backed in right!

When it isn't raining...
kids ride bikes (Moms too!)
Or just walk around and look cute...

Then Dad shows up, all relaxed cause everything is ready to go...
And when it rains.... Kids watch movies on the laptop...
And read lots of books...
And then when Mom doesn't want to cook, she puts on the menu plan - "Get Pizza" and we all go out for pizza and play some cards.
And this is what happens when you promise the kids s'mores after pizza but by the time you get back from the restaurant, it is cold and 30 mph gusts of wind... They are still s'mores (even if they had a funny taste...)

All in all, a great trip. Even with the thunder and lightening, serious wind, and slightly freaky people in the site down the way... it was fun! Initially I said that I wouldn't do it alone again, but I think I probably would. It was hard, but very worth it. Camping ROCKS!!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I don't think that I would have done it if I were you... but things are a little different for me! Good for you for not packing it all up and going home with all that stormy weather!