Ryan: We should go to Egypt sometime.
Erica: (Laughing) Why do you want to go to Egypt?
Ryan: Why? Is it scary?
**************************
We had a nice time camping - despite some SERIOUS rain, 30 mph wind gusts, and thunder & lightening... during which we watched some movies, went out to pizza, played games. There were enough moments between teh rain that we could ride our bikes and have smores by the fire one night.
I will post pictures sometime this week -
**************************
We officially started school today! We started 2 weeks ago with a VERY easy schedule but today we started our Classical Tutor Program and using our checklists that are the cornerstone to our organization.
Most of my friends & their kids are having their first day of school today or tomorrow as well. I absolutely love homeschooling and having my kids at home - but the only thing that is a struggle for me is not having any time to get things done without my crew. Going shopping for, um, personal items, or out to coffee with a friend requires significant planning and organization. I have to beware of burnout... being with four kids 24-7 can make for long days and long weeks. I have done pretty well - only a few times of freakout in the last year...
Well, we are done with school for the day and off to figure out dinner...
2 comments:
Good for you sister! I still can't believe that you went without Leroy!!! Seriously Crazy!
I don't know, is Egypt scary? ;)
I with you on the struggle to find personal time. It seems like so much work to do it that it's not worth it. I'm having to really work at it. We can do it, right?! Go, Mommy, Go. You're amazing. Love you, lady!
Post a Comment