Friday, October 1, 2010

Amanda (a.k.a. Sarah or Laura)

DSC01751

Amanda got up from her nap on Wednesday and was in a foul mood. She was whining from the moment she got up. I don’t let her bring her blanket out of her bed most of the time, but she can bring one doll or animal. She wanted to bring a whole armload and when she threw a fit, I walked away to give her a chance to calm down.

Of course, Erica tries to help after I left, but Amanda didn’t respond to her either. So after about 10 minutes, and we were leaving the house pretty soon, so I just picked her up out of her bed, and proceeded to change her diaper and ignore her whining and yelling.

When we were done, I took her by the hand and walked her out of her room. We sat down at the top of the stairs and I told her that was enough – to which she promptly says “ok” in a totally normal voice. That girl can turn it on and off like a switch!

Then she says, “I want my animals!”

I said, “Ok, you can take ONE animal with you (holding up 1 finger)”.

She says , “I want two animals (holding up 2 fingers).”

I said, “You can pick one animal, Amanda".”

She turns her head from me, says, “No animals,” and heads down the stairs without me.

I would appreciate your prayers.


3 comments:

Pam and Steve said...

Ha! I knew someday I'd hear that!!
I really thought it would be from
Laura, but Mandy did it just fine!
Love it!!!
Mom

SB said...

Well done Amanda!! And how bout Nick's performance yesterday for a friend - she offered him a cookie, which he accepted, but then wouldn't say thank you when she asked him to. So she said, "oh, well if you aren't going to say thank you then you'll have to put it back". So he did. And that was that. Damn genetics.

Jill said...

LOVE IT... HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! So OSM!!! Can't think of writing anything else, I am laughing so hard!!!!