Saturday, April 16, 2011

Fishin’

There is this little pond near us that is stocked every year and it is only fish-able by kids 14 and under. The Fish and Wildlife sponsor a “Fish-In” every year where, for $5, kids over 5 can get a fishing pole, get coached, and catch up to 2 fish in a netted area. FUN TIMES!!!

DSC01003

This is Mandy when she realized that she didn’t get to have a fishing pole of her own. She is perfecting the pouty lip and the associated body language…

DSC01009

The guys were there to hook the worms, fix broken lines, teach how to cast… it was pretty awesome. Such nice guys!

DSC01012

She was morbidly fascinated by the worms…

DSC01063 DSC01031

Nate caught the first fish! He was so proud of it! He was the only one who caught 2.

DSC01032 DSC01033

But then it started wiggling and AHHH! (don’t worry – he didn’t lose the fish…)

DSC01079 DSC01036

Ok – this is AMAZING. Here is my daughter who gags if she sees something remotely gross – and here she is carrying her fish, goop and blood and all… This mom is so proud!

DSC01040

“Ryan – smile for me!” “But Mom, I am supposed to watch the bobber!!!”

DSC01100

And finally Ryan caught one too. He is so patient. I would love to fish with him. I am sure he would sit in a chair and chat with me while we waited for the bobbin to bob. I grew up fishing – sure would love to have the time to do this more regularly…

We had fresh trout for dinner – YUM!!

3 comments:

Staci said...

Looks like fun!! What a great outing!

Anonymous said...

You guys have more fun! I want you to be my social director!
Love the pout Mandi!

Pam and Steve said...

At least she had worms to occupy her!! Great pics of all of them, even the pout!
Love you guys
Gramma