Today we were at Ryan’s Baseball game. Nate was wandering around being social like he usually does.
Afterwards, as we were loading up in the car, one of the mom’s came up to me and said, “Did anyone tell you what your son said today?”
OH. NO.
Apparently he walked up to a lady (not on our team) who was obviously pregnant and said, “Is your baby about to come out?”
Sheesh. It is a gift, really, to be able to speak honestly. Some fine tuning is needed, however.
But then…
He pointed to the little girl who was holding her hand and said, “Did it hurt when she came out?”
I stopped breathing. No, really, I did. I got slightly lightheaded.
I was already slightly sunburned, but I am sure my cheeks were ON FIRE.
Thankfully, she was quite amused and we were able to laugh about it there in the parking lot.
So tonight, I asked him about it very nonchalantly. Just what did he mean when he asked her that question?
“I didn’t know what it felt like so I thought I would just ask her.”
Well, there it is. With further vague questioning, I have determined that he has no idea about the details of “coming out” but jumped right to the pain part.
I instructed him that people are usually not comfortable talking about their bodies to other people, so if he had questions like that again, he could just come and ask me and I would be HAPPY (OH SO VERY HAPPY) to answer them for him.
“Oh, Ok Mom.”
To quote my cousin Shelby – osm.
2 comments:
Oh, it's going to be an eventful life!!! Great story!! Love ya, DAD
Oh my you handled that so BEAUTIFULLY!!! Mom of the year! I nominate Jennifer Slemmer!!!
Post a Comment