I am finally awake enough to post these pictures – I have spent the last few days recovering! But let me tell you, it was TOTALLY worth it!
46 people showed up at my house on Saturday – This was BEFORE:
I had really thought we would be pretty squooshed but it turned out that once I moved all the furniture out of the way, there was plenty of room!
Snow White greeted everyone arriving…
Games were played,
Messes were made (and cleaned up – thanks everyone!)
Lots of cooking…
(and no, I am not pregnant despite what this picture makes it appear – Stand up Jennifer! Goodness gracious!)
There were appetizers…
And dinner…
And dessert…
More games…
Conversation…
Committee meetings…
More conversation…
We all survived with only minor injuries…
Seriously – it was a marvelous day. I was anxious – who wouldn’t be knowing that many people coming over?? But all the work and stress was completely worth it to have a great day with family. Thank you Bob & Ev, Craig & Sonja, Eric & Shelby, Scott & Jenn, Terry & Karon, David & Lori, Jef & Andrea, Marty & Audrey, Mateo, Chris & Megan, Dave & Katrine, and 18 kids under 14 for making the trek and making this such a special day!
And a special thank you to Mom and Dad and Jill for all your help setting up and putting our house back in order, which it was by 8pm that night.
Happy Thanksgiving!
2 comments:
Thank you thank you thank you
yum yum yum yum yum
Thank you for all the effort setting up Official Thanksgiving Headquarters for us all! Lots of fun and delicious!
Post a Comment