We started out this day having made some big changes to our plans. We have a reservation here in West Glacier for a full week, but having decided to go on a big hike on the OTHER side of the park at Many Glacier, and NOT wanting to leave at 5:30am to get to the Ranger led hike at 8:30am, we decided to pull up the stakes and haul our house with us to the other side. So we were up and out of there and heading around the far side of the park.
Found a waterfall that we wanted to see – we love waterfalls – and there was scarcely a handful of people there. We were yelling and singing and making all kinds of noise because of this:
This is a great picture for Father’s Day, don’t you think?
This is a very unique falls. I have no idea how it happens this way, but it is a double falls. It is beautiful. And that turquoise water gets me every time.
I love taking flower pictures.
And Nate caught a bug. Shocking.
Oh, and I forgot to include this picture on the 6/18 post:
And Manda is in on the fun as well (6/20) – Look closely (or click the picture to zoom it in…)
She wanted to keep them.
Um. No.
This is Saint Mary’s Lake – at the East Side of the park. It is SO quiet here! The mountains and lakes are so… heart stopping. I could just sit and be.
And only just because it had to be done – Here, ladies and gentlemen, is the World’s Largest Purple Spoon.
With an arrow, in case you were unclear.
I kind of wished I knew WHY. But then I would have had to ask someone and that would have been WEIRD.
This is more of Saint Mary’s Lake.
(and now I am wondering as to why it is named that…)
And Here we are at the Many Glacier Entrance, and the location of our hiking adventure for tomorrow!
I thought I took a picture of our camping spot for the night, but I guess I didn’t. We were given the name of a hotel in Babb, Montana and they let us park our rig in their grass for the night, free of charge. We were self contained, so it was no impact on them. We offered to pay them, but they declined. A blessing for us!
We were surrounded by all these OLD cabins and in Big Sky Country, it felt like we were seeing the pioneer days. It was cool.
I had to cook the hamburgers on the stove cause it was seriously windy outside (and cold), the boys burned it off with some football, we read a couple of chapters in our current read-aloud book, and we were all asleep by 9. Looking forward to tomorrow!
1 comment:
Wow,this is great! You always start with day one, & then I look forward to day 2...so good to catch up. Isn't Glacier beautiful?! Wonderful pictures & memories. Mom
Post a Comment