Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Camping (yes - we did it!!)

Oh my - camping. I vacillate between wanting to get out and resume my/our lives and then when I get out there, I just want to go home and stay there. But we did it - we went camping and survived.


Bummer that the campsite wasn't what we thought... no electric or water at the site. Not good for a tent trailer and a 2 year old who decided that the trees were monsters. He cried the first half hour we were there until we got the trailer set up and he could go inside and play with a flashlight.




But once we got over the initial shock and made a Big 5 and Costco run in the morning - we did survive and ended up having a good time.






Did you know that shells are now considered contraband? We took a nature walk with the ranger and she informed the kids (and parents) that we dont take shells from the beach because they are part of the eco system that renews the sand and make home for other animals. This was after this particular collection was made. Erica proudly announced that she had 2 whole paper towels full of shells she had collected. "But they were all dead - so it is okay..." Leroy and I just smiled... knowing the self-titled tree-hugging ranger was thinking of calling Homeland Security on the Ecoterrorists indoctrinating their children.





Amanda is doing really well. We are not actually breastfeeding yet - I am still pumping and bottle feedings. There are advantages to that scenario too. She is 7 1/2 pounds now and beginning to hold her head up. We discovered camping just how much she HATES to be cold - I think she was in jammies and wrapped up in a thik blanket most of the weekend.


I know I have said it a thousand times - but here are my FOUR kids!!










Happy Campers... Maybe better titled "Happy-to-be-home Campers"

Leroy says Amen!!

3 comments:

Jill said...

I couldn't believe it when Mom and Dad said that you were actually camping! But i bet it did feel good to get out of the normal routine and have "fun"!!!

Anonymous said...

Two words... You're crazy!

Kassie said...

Oh, so funny! I can't believe you did that! Way to go MOM!! You are amazing! Love you.