Thursday, May 1, 2008

Home Again...

Well -we are home!!! Amanda weighed 5#1.5 ounces this morning and Dr Petersen and I agreed that she was on the upswing. We still have not heard from the lab results - but that seems very secondary now. I will remain off all dairy and soy no matter what the outcome of the labs - with our kids' history of similar sensitivities, it is likely that she is too.

We rented a scale to bring home - daily weights for a while to make sure she is still gaining. I wont nurse for a week - it was very obvious that it was exhausting for her to nurse - she just doesn't have the strength to draw from. So I will work on beefing her up this week - pumping and bottle feeding her and try nursing again next week. Erica is fine with that - she is giving her a bottle right now and loving that.

Well - my sister is making me promise to take a nap - so I will sign off for now. Thank you again and again for all your prayers and support - they are surely felt and we are thankful for them all.

No comments: