So I bought this very special backpack for Nate for this trip.
I didn't put it on him when we first got to the airport, and TWICE before we were even ticketed, we lost him. No kidding. He just walked off. So he got this pack on. It has been a life saver. It truly has worked SOOO well. I never thought I would be THAT parent with their kid on a leash... but can I say that Nathan is a different kid with it on! We used it all day at the Zoo and of course at the canyon - and he is a calmer, much more directable kid!
.
I knew it was working when he handed the 'tail' to Leroy and said, "Here dad, you can hold this."
.
He does not object to having it on and we don't mind him in it. I have 2 rules - 1. He is not a dog - we don't use it to pull him one way or another. It is only to make sure we know where he is. He is not allowed to strain against it either. 2. Erica and Ryan are not allowed to use it to hold onto him unless we hand it to them for just a minute or two. We do not call it a leash - Nate named it his puppy pack - so that is what we call it. I prefer holding his hand with the leash on my wrist.
.
So far the best $10 I have spent.
2 comments:
What a great helper for you. He just needed some extra "help". What a great find! He is a wanderer, isn't he (ie. Ikea)
MOM
I will admit that I didn't like those things either, but I think that had I had one for Jake, life would have been a little different! Good for you!
Post a Comment