I just realized that I passed the 500 post mark… bummer! I was going to commemorate that post with… um, another post about something.... Dunno. Oh well. WAHOOO!!!
My sister started her blog in 2007 – and then she walked me through creating my blog at Christmastime later that year. Then I did the same for my other sister – and now we all have blogs capturing the events of our family. Back in October 2009 I challenged myself to post every day. It has been FUN! I have not made it every single day – but I have done pretty well. I remind myself that perfection is not the goal – the goal is to capture memories of my family. Sometimes I need a break from it – but with almost 3 full years of blogging under my belt, I am very happy with what I have accomplished.
I love that I am capturing a picture of my family that will last forever. I have always wanted to be a scrapbooker but 1. The cost terrified me and 2. The few pages that I have scrapped took me hours – not very practical for this perfectionist. So blogging is perfect. I can tweak and alter and mess with my posts and no one is ever the wiser – and I can change them even after the fact and it is still good! And I am a techie at heart - so it is a good fit. What scrapping I do is digital - but I am sorely behind in that department... so blogging makes up for some of it...
I would love to blog more – but my life doesn’t really allow for that… The idea of doing a blog and making some extra $$ would be GREAT! But for now, I will just have my happy little mommy-blog and my 9 followers!! I added a visit tracker in May and have been surprised to watch the number climb to over 4100 visits!! Here are the broken down stats…
United States - 2,489 (those are some overzealous grandparents!! :) )
Australia – 551 (wahoo Sypkes’ !!)
Costa Rica – 32 (hey there Clem Family!)
Canada – 6 (who are you, aye?)
Netherlands – 2 (Really???)
Philippines – 2 (wow – don’t know about that either!)
India – 1 (Was that you, Sarah?)
I don’t publicize my blog at all – because it is regular family stuff, I don't really want it out there in cyberspace for general viewing. But I wonder who the random people were that visited from other countries??
Well, off to live my real life…
Jenn
3 comments:
FYI, you have at least 10 followers. I follow via RSS feed which doesn't show up in your Follower count on your site.
Congrats on reaching the 500 mark.
love it! sorry i don't officially 'follow' but i do follow you. :) yep, india was probably me, i'm sure i did check it when i was there...
Don't forget me in your Australia count! I don't always get there but I try to check your blog every day!! LOVE it!!
Post a Comment