It has been a long, long couple of weeks. I blogged about it some - but mostly my blog has been ignored as I suffered...
It started on Thanksgiving when Nate threw up all over the kitchen floor – then progressed to every single one of us getting the flu at one point or another. Then Ryan progressed into something worse – his life-long struggle with reflux remains and appears to be worse – complicated by what looks like pretty significant allergies. So his list of meds is long, but he is better. We will start in with the specialists in January and see what we find with that. Erica got a blazing ear infection – odd since she has permanent tubes in her ears –but probably brought on by her own short bout with the flu. So our second doctor appt in a week and 3rd trip to the pharmacy…
In the course of all this, I found myself quite isolated. Caring for the kids and recovering myself… missing church and my usual activities left me without my support system, my usual ways of caring for myself.
This is not good for me – not good for anyone really. Isolation leads to craziness – lack of balance between the truth and the lies that happen in my head when I am not in community with others who can help me get out of myself. I have an awesome circle around me who speak truth into my life – call me out, encourage me, spur me on to something greater. You know who you are – thank you.
So after coming back to the land of the living – reconnecting with my friends and regular activities – church activities and meetings I go to… Ahhh. Breathing again. The dark cloud has lifted. There is sunlight outside (literally) and I can think straight again.
And now I must catch up with all that was left by the wayside during this crazy time! Off to try and catch up with Christmas shopping and preparation – only 5 days left for me as we head out of town on Saturday…
Jenn
3 comments:
Hey, where are you headed to and what are your Christmas plans! I am so glad you are better. We really loved coming up and seeing you. Sorry to have left you in the wake of misery! Makes me feel like Mr. Magoo. Do you remember him?
Anyway, let me know your vacation plans....
a
Yes, Jenn, BREATHE.
Mom
weeks like that can really put a chink in the system - emotionally and practically. i hear you sister!
Post a Comment