aThere was a moment a few years ago when I realized that I had a handful of friends who I would ALWAYS be friends with – no matter where we ended up in our lives… And Cindy is one of those.
She and I met in Nursing school (1994!!!), lost contact for a year or so, and through the appreciated carelessness of a registration person at a college who gave me Cindy’s address and phone number over the phone in 1996, we regained contact again. We introduced her to Leroy’s friend Tim – and this picture was taken on the weekend they met!
They married a few years later, and Tim and Cindy are now missionaries with eMi in Costa Rica – they left in 2008 right before Amanda was born, and they came home on their first furlough this fall.
They will all come to our house for a visit later this year and I will post pictures of all of us then, but Cindy and I managed to steal away last weekend for some girl time. We have SOO much in common – both in our heart and in our lives. So we spent 48 hours in a quiet house talking about our hopes and dreams, our walks with God, our marriages, our kids, homeschooling, struggles and heartaches, victories and gratitude, ideas and prayers, Jane Austen Movies, and lots of M&M’s and Ice Cream.
(People say we look like sisters – wow, we really do in this picture!!!)
Thanks Cindy for initiating this – let’s plan it again on your next furlough!!
2 comments:
Good for you two!! We get the whole family tonite!
Mom
Thanks, Jenn! You have been an amazing friend and sister for many years! I had such a great time catching up with you and definitely want to do that again on our next furlough! So great to see your parents again tonight, too!
Post a Comment