Saturday, January 5, 2008

2007 Family Letter

I am assuming that if you have taken the time to come to this site that you want to read the long version of our recent history. So here you are!


We started out the year breaking ground on our new house. We have had the property since before Erica was born (2001) and finally decided to get it going. It started out very fast. But in the end, it took much longer than expected. We finally moved in September 21 – and we are still working on it. So much has happened in the midst of moving.



Erica! She turned 6 in the spring! We took her out to a fancy dinner and gave her a grown-up bible. She is a thoughtful, kind girl. She started first grade this fall and although she has struggled some with friends, is thriving in academics. Her favorite subject is math – but she devours books and will do any type of workbook or activity book she can get a hold of. She is always willing to be the helper – often trying to be mommy too. She loves to help cook – especially baking. Soon she will do it all by herself. I need to get her a little apron – she would love that. She had her first piano recital this Christmas. She was the youngest student and she did so well. Mommy cried (big surprise—been doing a lot of that lately!!) She has lost 6 teeth and proud of it - she insists that every picture we have of her is one without her teeth!


Ryan! He turned 4 in August. He started pre-kindergarten this year and just thrives. His teacher comments how he just gets along with everyone. He is very creative – loving to draw and color, but not always as he is supposed to. He has his own ideas of how things should be! His very favorite color is orange, so most everything comes home with orange on it somewhere. He is very sports-oriented like his dad; he loves anything having to do with balls or games. He rides his bike (no trainers anymore) down our steep driveway with all the guts of a BMX rider in training. He is a great big brother - I love how he calls Nate "buddy". He and Erica are close - they love to read together and they play well together most of the time.



Nathan is 19 months!! He is our busiest child. Apparently he is Leroy’s mother’s revenge on him – Nate is just like his dad. He doesn’t stop for a minute and is constantly putting his toe over the line just to see if that limit still remains. He tests his parents’ commitment to consistency every minute of every single day. But amidst the busyness and discipline and eating crayons, he is a tender child. He cries when his brother and sister cries and insists on trying to comfort them. He is a big helper – proudly helping clean out the dishwasher or the playroom. He LOVES people and works hard to connect. He says hi to anyone passing by and loves to shake hands or give high-fives. His big blue eyes and long lashes catch everyone's attention.



Oh, and number four… some of you may not know about our biggest surprise of all. I am still in a bit of denial myself! We are having a fourth addition to our family. And it is a girl!! She will arrive sometime at the end of April (Nate won’t even be 2!!) and we are all (getting) excited. It has taken me a while to come to terms with it but the answer comes down to the fact that God knows the plans he has for our lives and all we can do is trust him to get us through. Someday we will know why this one had to come along for the ride... I admit that I am getting a little excited. I wonder who this little lady will be in our family!


Leroy enjoys at his job at Exeltech Engineering Consultants! He left the state just over 2 years ago and although we miss the excellent health insurance the state system provided, the move was a good one. He is gearing up for a big job in Tacoma that will keep him busy for the next 18 months. Mom only requests some time off when the baby is born—we will learn to manage 4 kids together! He remains very involved as drummer for our church and the rest of his time is taken up with trying to get our house in order. So many projects in the works at the same time.


And I am a full time mom at home—I had taken a leave from work that became permanent until I am ready to go back. I can't be on my feet like that while I am pregnant. There is enough to do around home and with the kids’ school activities and the recovery ministry at church. eing home with the crowd - it has been especially fun in our new home. There is much to do yet, but I am limited as to how much I can take on. After the baby is born, I will have to hit the ground running to catch up with all that needs to be done around here!


I hope the new year brings new perspectives and new opportunities for you as I know it will bring for us. Please keep in contact - email is the best way! Mine is niffer2525@comcast.net and Leroy's is schlep25@comcast.net.


Jenn









No comments: