At the moment I am recovering from doling out apparently the most cruel form of punishment known to Ryan - a spray, two actually, of vinegar in the mouth. Oh my goodness you would think I poured hot sauce down his throat. I have been laxidasical (sp?) about discipline lately - lately it has been hard to follow through. But after ignoring my requests for no silly talk (which quickly deterioriates into potty talk) and multiple issues with 'stupid' and rude talk to other people all weekend - when I heard him say 'butt' in an inappropriate conversation this morning - that was the end of it. Into the bathroom we went.
Surprisingly, he opened his mouth without a fight, but then came the gagging and major tears, more gagging and total meltdown. I long since learned to grab a towel when admistering this punishment or I get drooled all over. Once I sprayed it in my own mouth to see if I was really hurting him - whatever. Tasted like salad dressing. I am sure my children will have an aversion to vinegar salad dressing - but I am all about discipline measures that actually make sense and work. I have cured my children of sticking their tongues out - that only took once.
Thanks for the idea Shelby! Our kids can commiserate in counseling that they have an aversion to salad dressing - but I don't regret it in the least!
2 comments:
LOVE IT! I mean, oh poor Ryan... :) Very well written. And I'm chalking up Shelby's tricks for use at a later date!) I'm still laughing...
Vinegar, Tobasco, vodka, salt, gasoline, whatever it takes I say!
Post a Comment