Thursday, September 11, 2008

Erica's Ears

Erica has been increasingly deaf for over this summer. This isn't new - it has happened multiple times in the last few years. We tried dealing with it with our Primary but he wanted her to see the ENT. It took some finagling but I got her an appt - they were booked out 2 months in advance. Today, he had a hearing test first then we met with the PA.

When the PA came in, she was looking at the hearing test. "Wow - she says. This is bad hearing for an 80 year old with noise exposure." Great. That is just great.

So Erica is scheduled for her third set of tubes in 4 years for the same reason - fluid blocked up behind her ears preventing her ear drum from vibrating almost at all. So they are also taking out her adenoids in the hope that that is what is keeping her Eustachian tubes from draining correctly. Next Wednesday.

And Ryan has something going on in his ear too - we might have a surgery coming for that too.

Oh and I have a CAT scan scheduled to find out if I have a stone rolling around in my kidney - I have had some pain lately. I had a huge stone after Nate was born so maybe I will have another one.

Good times in the Slemmer household.

1 comment:

SB said...

no no no, not hearing problems. hope the fluid is the only issue... thinking of you lots jenn...