Wednesday, September 24, 2008

First Week of Homeschooling

For anyone who doesn't know - we are homeschooling this year. (who reads this blog anyway?)
An adventure to say the least - but we are EXCITED!! This was the first week and we have had FUN!

I bought a "curriculum in a box" as it is called in this new circle I have joined. It is a literature based curriculum - LOTS of books and reading and writing about what they are reading. But it covers all the bases of math, spelling, handwriting, history, science, etc. It is called Sonlight and it is wonderful. Well worth every penny - spendy, but much less expensive than private school tuition we would have been spending...

I am co-op-ing with my close friend Catherine and her two kids Brandon and Crysten. They came over on Tuesday and we did science. Oh my goodness - Catherine and I had tears in our eyes as we watched the kids having so much fun together doing water experiments. That is food coloring in water there in the foreground. Oh it was FUN!


So it has been all of 3 days and I am singing the praises of homeschooling. Stay tuned for posts titled "WHAT WAS I THINKING??" But even regular school teachers have bad days - bad weeks - that will come. One day at a time. I will come back and read this post when those days come.

:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I know those kids. I'm proud of both of you.

RizziN Snyder said...

School looks like fun at your house! Do you offer any Master's programs?