Someone asked where I was when I found out about what was happening in NYC on Sept 11.I had woken up to nurse Erica - she was almost 7 months old and heard something on the radio that we always had playing then. I turned on the TV...
I remember calling my dad and asking him if this was IT. Is this the END? I think I watched TV every waking hour for at least 3 days. I cried and cried.
Sarah was in Australia - she said that a lot of people came up to her and said they were so sorry. What a time.
In the last generation, the question was where were you when Kennedy was shot. Before that, it was D-Day. Before that it was Black Monday. Now it is Sept 11.
Here we are 7 years later. Wow.
1 comment:
i remember rudie called us and said, turn on your tv. we were just waking up and it was of course hours after the actual event. it was surreal and i felt so unattached to the country i was from. so far away, and yet everyone was asking me if i was okay...
Post a Comment