Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I have a reason for blogging....

As I sit here blogging instead of cleaning house as I should be doing since we are having a big party here on Friday night... I am relying on the payoff that I get for this 'waste' of time as my um, excuse....

BLOG BOOKS!!

Someone on another blog that I read posted how she prints her blog every 6 months or so cause she blogs just about every day. I thought it was a service of her Blog host. BUT NO!!! She introduced me to Blurb - and this last spring I became the proud owner of my very own blog book!!

When I got it in the mail I totally had an ugly cry as I was looking through it ... Nathan was standing there looking at me and slowly reached up and closed the book and said, very quietly "Mommy, I don't think you should be reading this book..."

There is something amazing about having this hardbound book sitting on my shelf that captures the memories of a whole year of our life. Mandy's pregnancy and birth, a new house, starting homeschooling... it is really amazing to have this.

And because I am TOTALLY addicted to this - I also made this one to commemorate the trip we took in March.And THEN.... I begged my sisters for their passwords for their blogs and printed 6 months for them as a birthday gift. OH that was fun!

Even though Sarah CLAIMS to have heard about booking your blog MONTHS before I gave her the book of her blog... she is now doing her own share of books... and printed this beautiful book of our family trip to the Oregon Coast in May that we had SO much fun at.

AND since I have not spoken to my sister since I received this book last weekend - THANK YOU SARAH!!! It is a precious keepsake.

(Now you have to print 10 more of them so each kid can have one of their own.. cause one of them, who shall go unNamed, got greasy fingerprints all over mine...)

I would highly recommend doing these books. You don't have to have a blog - you can just create a book from scratch... it is incredible to have a hard bound book of your very own. A step up from cellophane photo albums...

1 comment:

SB said...

I DID hear about blurb.com WAY before you, like 2 years ago (which is a pathetic admission, I know), you just got the credit because I was all ideas and no action. And I DO give you the credit because it got me doing the books, of which I've now printed a grand total of TWO different books. Haha. oh, and FYI - try a microfibre cloth on the fingerprints, or if that doesn't work, a slightly damp cloth with the tiniest bit of soap should take them away, but that's the great thing about these books - you can print them again without having to "re-scrapbook" everything!!! I love digital photo books!!!