Today one of the long-time Kids workers at church (Miss Sheila) came up to me in church and said "that Nate, he sure has a strong will!!" I laughed and said - that's for sure! We had a long conversation about how different Nate is from the first two Slemmer children who are largely compliant children.
Anyway, apparently she asked him to put away the toy he was playing with - and he said no. Twice. So she counted. When she got to two - she said - "Nate, if I get to three, you are going in time out!"
He looked up at her, cocked his head slightly and said "At CHURCH???"
He obeyed and Miss Sheila realized that Nate was setting a new precident for the Slemmer Child reputation! (Wait till Mandy comes around!)
(To my sister Jill, I publicly apologize for my thoughts that you were not effectively disciplining your Jakob. Please forgive me. Thank you for understanding.)
2 comments:
Yes, you are forgiven. However, I must admit I had similar thoughts in disciplining him MANY times... Oh dear!
My sweet friend! You are amazing to handle things so well. :D I love our strong kids!!! And "Go" Miss Sheila. heehee
Post a Comment