Sunday, December 6, 2009

Toy Run!

Olympia has done a toy run for Years - I have no idea how long. Bikers come from all over the state to do the run and donate toys. It is a BIG event. Yesterday, we went as spectators (drooling over the bikes though...) and waved for 50 minutes while this happened right in front of us -


Fifty minutes is a LONG time when we were standing feet away from the noise. It took our ears an hour to hear normal again. All those Harleys...

The funniest thing about the whole thing is that many of the bikers throw candy to the spectators - great idea, right? Well, think about this - they are going 25 or 35 mph! Watch out for hard candies coming at you at that speed! I got beaned by a mini Snickers bar.

It was 40 degrees when we got out of the car - very cold but we had alot of fun!

I told them they could have some candy when they got back in the car - Nate proclaimed "I am going to have THREE suckers!"

2 comments:

Daniel W. Slocum said...

Jenn! What fun. Our whole family rode in the event. We even beaned a few folks with the candy we brought along.

It was a blast (fun) of arctic air. It was 22 when we left our house to get breakfast and go to the start point. A small note of friendly contention though. Many of us rode bikes other than Harley. :) Regardless, your point is valid. The noise level at the South Sound Mall when everybody fires up to get going is insane. Glad you all made good memories. I totally did Nate's attitude.

Daniel Slocum said...

Thought I'd look up how long the Olympia Toy run has been around. It first started in 1977.