Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hair

So here is the story as I remember it... Mom, feel free to elaborate or correct as you remember. :)

When I was 10, I was in a stage where I did not want to take care of my mid-back length hair. Showering was inconvenient and difficult and then when I finally did, I wanted my mom to braid my hair. Even if I didn't shower, I wanted her to braid it.

Well, she was tired of fighting me to take a shower or braiding oily, pre-teen hair, and so she laid down an ultimatum.

"Learn to French Braid your own hair or you cut it."

So I learned. I remember being at my Grandparents house with my arms screaming cause I couldn't let go of the braid. At first, I only knew how to braid so tightly that it would actually pull my eyes slanted.

But over the years I got better and better. I used to have a couple of girls who would wait for me after PE so I could french braid their hair.

And I LOVE braiding my girls' hair. Erica went through a time where she did not want me to touch her hair, let alone braid it. I bit my tongue for almost a year of that, and she is back to wanting me to again. Yay!

And now I get to do Amanda's...

Fat Lip and all - but boy, is she CUTE!!!

A little girl in our co-op came up to me very shyly with a comb and elastic and asked me if I would braid her hair - oh it was SOOO cute. And of course I did.

It is good to have marketable skills.
(hey wait - didn't I go to college for something?)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want braids! I want braids!
a

Jill said...

Too cute! And she is even giving you the "seriously?" look!

Pam and Steve said...

I think you have remembered it correctly, Jenn! I can't believe
Amanda has enough hair for braiding! Very, very cute!!