As you have probably figured by now, I am a total blog surfer - especially for recipes. I love finding new ideas and trying them out.
I have had this recipe printed for a while now - but hadn't tried it out till this weekend. It was a hit with the fam... and I liked it too!
Recipe Inspired by here: Cooking during Stolen Moments. It makes a TON - we had leftovers enough for 2 more dinners. I think next time I would divide it between 3 containers and freeze the other two.
Mexican Lasagna
1 Rotisserie Chicken, deboned and shredded
1 can black beans - not drained
1 can white beans - drained
1 can corn - drained
1 can chopped tomatoes with green chilis, not drained, or jar of salsa (or 2 if you like)
1 can low sodium chicken broth
1 T cumin
2 t chili powder - to taste
6-8 large flour tortillas - cut into wide strips.
Shredded Mexican cheese Mix - or other cheeses of your liking.
Preheat oven to 350. In large stockpot, combine Chicken, beans, corn, and tomatoes. Stir to combine and turn on heat to medium/med-high. Add broth and spices. Bring to a boil and turn down to a light boil. Cook for 10 minutes to combine flavors and heat thoroughly. Meanwhile, spray a 9x13 glass dish with cooking spray, and line bottom with strips of tortilla. When Chicken mix is cooked, using a slotted spoon, layer 1/3 on top of tortillas. Place another layer of tortillas, then another 1/3 of the chicken mix. Add layer of mexican cheese. Then more tortillas and remaining 1/3 of chicken mix. Pour leftover liquid over the top of the mix. Top with desired amount of cheese...
Tent tin foil and place over the casserole. Bake 30 min, then remove foil and bake for 20 minutes more or until you can see bubbles along the sides of the mixture.
Serve with sour cream, lettuce, guacamole, salsa - anything you wish. Makes GREAT leftovers!!
1 comment:
Did you know that Costco has already de-boned and shredded chicken in a package all ready to go????
easy peasy
a
Post a Comment