(yeah, I know there is a misspelling... I was too lazy to print it again!)
It makes it easy for me to work on memory work with the kids as I do dishes or clean up or whatever... It also helps to keep Leroy somewhat aware of what we are working on.
Many of the memory items are set to songs so we sing along... This is one we learned for 54 prepositions from the first 12 weeks of our co-op. I thought there was one on YouTube that I could attach but I couldn't find one so you will have to settle for my daughter's rendition...
And then in addition to the memory work, Erica and Ryan both have Math and Language Arts that they do, as well as reading books both independently and with Mom. This is their lesson plan for the week.
I also recently instituted "Mommy Hour" which is a designated time once a week for each of the older two where they have me uninterrupted for one hour to talk and do an activity of their choosing. It has been GREAT! Erica and I have sewed, done nails, and read together. Ryan and I have also read together, played tic-tac-toe and legos, and put together an erector set. And we always get to eat M&M's out of mom's stash.
Dunbar Court Homeschool is certainly a work in progress. It has gotten more complicated now that Manda has dropped her morning nap, but we are figuring it out. It is all working VERY well for us and we are all happy. Our co-op will be done in 2 weeks so we will see how the rest of the school year goes after that. We will be taking a spring break - not sure when, but we all need a full on break.
No comments:
Post a Comment