Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thursday. It just is.

Yes – it has been a quiet week around here. SO much going on – business stuff, homeschooling, sleep… been getting up early and it is leaving me tired and at times, struggling. I have not had time to think about the follow up for last week’s Thoughtful Thursday – so it will have to wait.

The newest addition to our schedule is Upward Basketball. Now I am all for team sports – think they are great and everything – except for the actual time it takes to participate. Erica and  Ryan are both playing – and they love it so that is reason enough to keep going – but they each have practices each  week – different days – and 2 games on Saturday that could be anywhere from 8am to 7 pm at night. Oh my.

Erica has a great time! She is working on getting more aggressive – she tends to be more like her mom and ‘doesn’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings…’ But this last game there was one girl who was significantly more skilled than the other girls and Erica got real tired of her stealing the ball and scoring – so that was a good motivator…

 DSC05634DSC05658

Ryan is SOO passionate about this! Love how he comes out at introductions… And I was so thrilled with this picture – Leroy is his coach and Ryan is going for it! He bounces all over the court – sometimes not caring about the actual rules of the game – just playing for his hearts delight.

DSC05811DSC05833 great!

Even the coaches run out…

DSC05806

And I sit in the bleachers with this sweetness -

DSC05773

And this craziness – I have discovered that Nate likes to run. He has realized how it calms him down and so it only takes me saying, “Do you wanna run?” and off he goes, laughing and smiling the whole way. I cant wait till next year when he is old enough to play – he will love it!!

DSC05799 great

Jenn

2 comments:

Pam and Steve said...

FANTASTIC!!! What a great time together! Exhausting, but sooo worth it! Love the pics!
Mom!

Anonymous said...

Our local parks and rec offers a fun run. I had never heard about it but they supposedly advertise it at schools. Try calling your local parks and rec. All ages get to run (even strollers) and there are ribbon rewards for everyone!