Thursday, March 3, 2011

3-3-11

One of our favorite birds around here are the Northern Flickers. They are a woodpecker, but they forage on the ground and can occasionally be caught at our bird feeder. They are very skittish so it can be very hard to catch them on camera.

But yesterday, there were 3 of them initially in the trees outside, chasing each other around – mating dance perhaps? I took a bunch of pictures only to discover there wasn’t a memory card (Why does it even allow me to think I am taking pictures when there is no internal memory???)

Anyway – they came back and I got some amazing pictures of them. These pictures are un-edited other than cropping.

SONY DSC                       SONY DSC                       SONY DSC                       SONY DSC                       SONY DSC

2 comments:

Pam and Steve said...

Amazing pictures! Beautiful colors!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Jef never dances or flies for me when he wants to mate! He is going to have to up his game. Just wait until I show him these photos!