Wednesday, we met Leroy’s brother Duane in South Seattle for dinner as he flew in for a work meeting. We had dinner at The Rainforest Cafe – a fun place for kids for sure!
It was ‘Family Night’ so they had face painting for the kids and discount kids’ meals!
They spent a lot of time staring at the huge aquariums and looking at all the animals hidden in the foliage around the restaurant.
So while Leroy and Duane visited, I followed the kids around. And as usual, I lost Nate.
In a restaurant and gift shop with tables and displays, it happened a number of times before the final time… I never really thought he was missing – but after a few minutes went by and he was not coming and no one had seen him, I got serious about looking for him.
Long story short (one step before calling security), I found him exactly where I thought he would be – at the center of attention at a table full of people. As I pulled him away from his new friends – a table full of adults – they all called out, “See you later, Nate!!!”
This boy has a gift. Now if I can just refine it to the talent that is buried in the body of an extremely social almost-5-year-old…
I am glad that genetically I am not disposed to gray hairs… at least I hope not. If I develop any, I am going to blame Nate the Great. :)
1 comment:
Want to borrow a leash? I found it very helpful with Jef, uh Ethan, uh Seth....
Post a Comment