Wednesday, March 23, 2011

TEN

10.

Erica is 10. Today.

10 years ago sat in a hospital room with this little bundle in my lap and called her all the names Leroy and I liked. I had chosen “Lindsay” a long time before she was born, but Leroy liked “Erica” which I did not like at all.

But when she was THERE – real, living, breathing, in MY lap – Erica was the only name that fit. And I love it. And I love her.

She is becoming a beautiful young lady.

SONY DSC

 SONY DSC

4 comments:

Jill said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DEAR MISS ERICA!!!!!

Pam and Steve said...

Another Happy, happy birthday to you, the one who made me a gramma!
So fun to wish you a happy bday this morning from down under!
Can't wait to give you a big hug!
Love Gramma Pam

LilPrecious said...

Happy Birthday to Erica! Double digits... I remember when I turned 10 and it was SUCH a big deal! :-)

Happy becoming a mother day to you Jenn! It is an amazing moment isn't it?

She is a beautiful girl and I am sure that she is just as beautiful inside as she is on the outside!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Erica! WOW double digits! You have really made it!!!!
Enjoy