Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday Fun

So tonight Leroy took the kids when he dropped Erica off at her Girls Club and left me at home for some much needed quiet time. Ahhh.

When he got home, we chilled for a while and the kids started asking what we were having for dinner. I looked at Ryan and said, "I dont know - popcorn?" He laughed and said, "How about candy?" I said, "Sure."

"REALLY???"

"Yup. Have whatever you want for dinner. I do not care."

They kept coming back and asking about this and that - I reiterated - "I don't care." Leroy was totally laughing at me.

Ryan had a candy bar and then some Mac and Cheese that Leroy made. And Popcorn.
Nate had a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, Pretzels, and some Mac and Cheese.
Amanda had a BIG bowl of pretzels, a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, and about 2 bites of mac and cheese.
Leroy had Mac and Cheese.
I had homemade alfredo sauce with saute'd chicken and mushrooms, and a Mike's. Yum.

Nathan prayed when we all sat down for dinner, and he said, among other things, "Thank you that we got to have a candy bar BEFORE dinner tonight!"

Ryan just came up to me and said, "Erica is gonna be SOO jealous! She missed the BEST dinner EVER!"

Now Leroy is watching a Sweet 16 Basketball game, the boys are upstairs making a bed on the floor on the bonus room, I am blogging (duh), and Life is GOOD.

:)

3 comments:

SB said...

The BEST dinner EVER! Priceless blog. Thanks for sharing, we've all had a great laugh. :)

LilPrecious said...

Boy oh boy would James love a dinner like that!!!

Jill said...

WAY TO GO JENN!!! My boys would totally have joined in on the candy feast! Love it!