So a few weeks ago we were sitting at dinner and talking about the baby and Leroy said something about "Little Gertrude". I looked at him, feigning seriousness, and said "Leroy - I thought we weren't going to tell the kids the name we have picked out!!!" I was totally joking, but Erica and Ryan took it hook, line, and sinker. When they looked at us with shock that we had blown the cover, we told them that it was a secret and they couldn't tell anyone.
Erica has kept that secret - she is good at that. But Ryan didn't last. He told his teacher, who said to him that he was being silly, a couple of times before she saw that he was serious, and actually apologized to him. I asked him after school if he had been able to keep our secret and when he told me what had happened with his teacher - I had to swallow my giggle. I let her in on the secret the next day.
So now they think we are naming her Gertrude -which we certainly are not. I have reinforced that we may change her name once she is born - the kids know that their names changed once we saw them. But they both think it is a legitimate name. Only a few more weeks and we can let them know the real name. Nate already knows it - I have had him practicing it for a while - but he has no idea what he is saying - it is just a word to him. It will be great to see him attach this word that he knows to a little person he will meet. Oh my.
Ryan was talking to my belly yesterday and said in this quiet tender voice "This is little Gertrude, right mom?" Oh he is such a sweetheart.
Everything continues to look good - my tests yesterday went fine. Still watching and waiting and working hard not to let my paranoid nurse brain get the best of me.
No comments:
Post a Comment