Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tuesday Dr Appt

I hope you dont get sick of the blow-by-blow of what the latest is on this little girl's life. Just ignore all the details if you want to gag... :)

Here is a wonderful profile shot of our little girl. It was taken last week but we just got it scanned to be able to post it. That is her arm up above her face - you can even see her ear and facial features. Of course all ultrasounds make them look a little alien...

So my appointment today went okay. The NST was good and done within the first 15 minute stretch - sometimes they can take up to 45 minutes to get what they want. But this was the first time I have met with my doctor since all this happened and it was a bit too real to talk to her about it. It doesn't look likely that we will make it to April 25 - that was 39 weeks. She is talking more around 37 or 38 weeks at the latest. I can deliver here in town at 35 1/2 weeks but if for some reason it happens before that, I have to go north to Tacoma or Seattle. But 35 1/2 weeks is only 3 weeks away. I can make it that far. I can, I can, I can!!!!

I will admit to being a little more anxious about all of this - I keep reassuring myself that she is almost 33 weeks and if she did come early, she still would be FINE. That is true. But it is hard to feel in the anxiety of the moment. So I am supposed to take good care of myself, resting a couple of times a day and not overdoing it inbetween. Nathan has been busy as always but has developed almost an obsession with reading - he loves to get a pile of books and come climb in hour lap, cuddle in and read for extended periods of time. Good for this mommy who needs to rest on her bum! Thank you Lord for small (or maybe big) miracles.

Didn't I say that this little girl would get her own blog pages... Apparently she is determined to start that attention as early as possible!

No comments: